12 thoughts on this subject

at

मला अस वाटत कि its depends on which idolgical background u come. जर तुम्ही modern communist असाल तर तो लिहिला गेलेला इतिहास तुमच्या साठी पुरक असेल. Otherwise it’s just an narrow minded perspective. लहानपणी आमचे इतिहासाचे शिक्षक सारखे सांगायचे “इतिहास फक्त वाचू नका ; इतिहास शोधा!” ( Don’t just read ur history ; search ur history (research)

at

I dont think so. I have a distinct memory that when I was in class 6th whenever we were discuss about Patriots like Bhagat Singh, Chandrashekhar Azad, etc. They were called nationalists. But suddenly in class 7th they were no longer called nationalists but rather they were called extremists. This was 2013. Moreover whenever we will discuss history in class we would focus more on the Delhi sultanate and the Mughal empire and there was just a 2 page small chapter regarding the South Indian Cholas. Kings like Maharana Pratap were not even mentioned. Books would focus on the Aryan invasion theory as the main reason for the downfall of the Indus Valley and Marathas were portrayed as more extremists against the “glorious” Mughals. Little to no mention of the Afghan invasions or the destruction of temples by Mohd. Ghazi and Ghaznavi. We were taught that the greeks attacked the Mauryan empire and the won but instead of having more war, King Bindusara married one of the daughters of the Greek general to establish political relations when in truth the greeks were defeated. The history of Kashmir itself, about the empire of the Dogras that extended from the Caspian sea to the Kashmir valley was redacted from school history books and then we are said that we have to prepare for exams like civil services where history is one of the main scoring subjects but the history itself is distorted. And I don’t know who will fix this but I still enjoy reading history and having political debates with my friends because of opposing ideologies but I feel history is a strong forte of mine because i dont just rely on Indian history taught in schools but I read history books and listen to lectures from different historians and journalists and then do some of my own research in order to find out the real history. I think every student it in India should do this.

at

Dear Vivekji,

Mumbai & Maharashtra urgently needs #SaveMumbai #ChangeGovt #SaveMaharashtra movement.
    Mumbai is caught badly in corona from one side & state govt malpractices from other side and many other critical issues. Its getting crazier every single day for common Mumbaikar. Research is needed that how these goons are brainwashed to act in similar fashion as terrorists to harm public for speaking truth and acting honestly.

regards,
    Jigar Patel

at

I dont really know what’s wrong and right in this specific discussion on the history of india.

Like today, corruption, manipulation, harassment, terrorism etc exists, it existed in the past as well but it has been easy for the wrong-doers to get away with everything and go Scotfree.
    It has been this way since eons ago but I think finally social media isnt letting go of the offenders so easily and hence, everyone is peeing in their pants these days.
    Sushants apparent death has sparked this rage in the entire country today.
    One thing that angers me is how everybody literally EVERY person is trolling each other and spreading viciousness.
    It’s all so messed up, sad to see this but I hope we come out with flying colours.

at

Hi. Are you not accepting International credit cards? I have tried to make a donation but it does not recognise my card.

at

I want to contact Mr. VivekJi if possible pls provide E mail i.d or Contact Number.
    Regards, Kaustubh Bhat.

at

Not at all VivekSir,the history taught to us during school time was all maniuplative.And I am deeply hurt with the fact that despite being born in the land of such glorious past we were kept unaware of this.
    I was a science student and had history as my subject till class 10th only,and till class 10th also I never paid too much attention towards this subject because my parents always encouraged me to focus on science for a secure future.
    However, after completing my studies when I started working I always use to wonder that what is there to be so proud about our country, we are overly populated, we do not have world class infrastructures,we dont have good roads,most of us dont have clean drinking water, and these are the basic necessities of human life, if each citizen does not have access to these facilities then what I should be proud of,our beauracrats are corrupt,our people are still hungry and homeless.
    When I tried to find the reply,I realised that this situation is because we got independence just 73 yrs back and we are still paying a heavy price of 200 years of British rule on us.
    When I tried to dig deeper in the history all I could remember from my school times was few dates about how and when the freedom movement against British rule started and how we achieved the independence and before British,India was ruled by Mughals.
    Unfortunately none of our text books told us that how and why Mughals attacked and ruled our motherland for generations, the more disturbing part is that they were referred as royals and not looters!!!
    It was then the question haunted my mind that what made Mughals invade India , and if they were really concerned about the well being of our country then how during the last Mughal rulers British started invading us.And when I started reading about it more and more I was deeply hurt to realise how history was manipulated, presented to us as if before British things were smooth and nice for the citizens of India.
    And believe me Sir, as I started knowing more about it I started developing a deep affection for my motherland, for the brutality and barbaric acts our soil has tolerated and still did not erase our ancient , glorious culture and could not be more prouder that I am born here.Still my knowledge about the past of my motherland is incomplete and I am in search of good books through I can know the real past of India.

at

No .. not at all … We almost don’t know anything before sultan empire .. I think as British sultan and Mughals are also imposter .

And we think history is just about some dates or information with no logic

We don’t taught our civilization , dressing attire , art , culture
    It must be reform

Be the first Buddha to read our articles!